Thursday, May 10, 2012

happy birthday grandpa mike!



We miss you and wish you were here. 

I loved this quote that Richard G. Scott quoted in the last general conference from President Joseph F. Smith: 

“I believe we move and have our being in the presence of heavenly messengers and of heavenly beings. We are not separate from them. … We are closely related to our kindred, to our ancestors … who have preceded us into the spirit world. We can not forget them; we do not cease to love them; we always hold them in our hearts, in memory, and thus we are associated and united to them by ties that we can not break. … If this is the case with us in our finite condition, surrounded by our mortal weaknesses, … how much more certain it is … to believe that those who have been faithful, who have gone beyond … can see us better than we can see them; that they know us better than we know them. … We live in their presence, they see us, they are solicitous for our welfare, they love us now more than ever. For now they see the dangers that beset us; … their love for us and their desire for our well being must be greater than that which we feel for ourselves.”

I love telling Bo about his Grandpa Mike and thinking about how his Grandpa is looking out for him even though he won't get to meet him in this life. 

3 comments:

Karen said...

Sienna, I love that Bo knows Grandpa Mike. I remember talking to you about your dad right before he died. I believe he is looking out for you and your family. I love May 10 and the way I feel when I remember Mike!

Damaris @Kitchen Corners said...

I also took the day to tell Enzo and Maria a little about their grandpa and what a cool guy he was. Lots of good memories.

Damaris @Kitchen Corners said...

that was Christian