Wednesday, December 2, 2009

The Lane, November 25th

Its been great having Damaris' mom in town. With free babysitting Damaris was able to come down to the lane and film some surfing last week. It was a fun day without too many people out. There's been a lot of fun days lately, and hopefully El Nino will start in earnest now that we're about to start Christmas Break. I've been meaning to take Enzo out but given that it takes about half an hour for me to thaw out after surf sessions I'm not sure he'll be too excited about it. Although after finally getting a full session filmed, I have a few questions. 1) Can it really be that a fairly consistent, hour long surf session turns into two minutes of actual wave riding? (I edited out a few waves but not many) 2) How come everything look so much smaller on tape? I guess I should be consoled in that the contest footage takes a whole day of surfing with the best surfers in the world and shrinks it down to 3 or 4 minutes, albeit a little more exciting 3 or 4 minutes. If any of you that live too far from the ocean see this and decide you need to come to Santa Cruz, there's always space on the futons.

4 comments:

Karen said...

whoa. exciting! great videography, da!

Jesse said...

Looks like fun. I should go surf here. No excuse now, except it is really, really cold. You need to work on your off the lips. You kept going up and I was thinking, "Nice" and then you'd fall off.

Justin said...

nice Vid

austin said...

I used to think that there was no way i could get in the cold water. then my buddy and I flipped our boat in the lake a few weeks ago. the wet suit kept me pretty warm, i was surprised. that looks way fun.