Not a lot of you know Robby, but he turned 40 today. These are pictures from this weekend. The wind never picked up. It was glassy and small and beautiful out all day. I thought I'd share some things I like about him on his birthday...
1. He made that bike trailer from spare parts. It doesn't show it in the picture, but the racks hold his surf board.
2. He loves kids and they love him. I don't remember when Monet started calling him dad, but it was never forced or aqward and I couldn't ask for a better person to be her dad.
3. His happiness doesn't depend on anything monetary. As long as he has the outdoors and his surfboard....I'm pretty sure he's happy as a clam.
4. He's not lazy at all...this is not to be confused with any kind of work or career ambition. He works as hard as he can for as little time as he can so he can play and do the enjoyable things in life.
5. He plays the piano (keyboard that is) almost everyday and gets really excited when he has a new song memorized or figured out.
6. Robby can hang out with anyone. We are friends with all of our neighbors because he is so outgoing.
I feel really lucky to have him in my life.
I guess I could go on and on, but happy birthday to Robby.
PS-we're having the baby on Thursday, 2/5/09, so we'll keep you posted