24 Reasons why I love Benjamin Lance Chase:
1. He is my bestest, one in whom I can confide with in everything that is going on in my life. I know that he won't judge me, and I know that he loves me, which is the best thing ever!
2. He has such a strong testimony of the Gospel, and I admire that. I could tell that Ben was and still is an amazing missionary because he is always wanting to share the Gospel, and change people's lives for the better.
3. He treats his mother and his sisters with the utmost respect, and I cherish that because I know he will treat me that way as well...
4. My family is in love with him as well as every mother, auntie, and grandma, in Laie :)
5. For many of you who have played football, basketball, soccer, ultimate frisbee, any kind of sport really; I am sure that everyone would agree that Ben is badness in anything that involves having to be athletic. He is just a natural, and everyone who has to play against him dreads it, because they know that they will get a run for their money. Ben gives 110%, which makes it hard for fatties like me, because I only give, maybe 60% ha ha.
6. Ben has always set a good example, to me, as well as to everyone he comes into contact with. When Ben and I went to Michigan this past December, we played basketball with the Workman's. It was the girls against the guys, and it was obvious that Ben knows how to play ball extremely well. Eric and Sam (his brother-in-law and nephew), don't always get the chance to play the game and so it was easier for others to steal the ball or work them. Even though Ben could have easily made all the team points, he didn't. Ben set such a good example to me in learning how to be a good teammate. He would pass the ball 90% of the time to the guys and helped guard off the rest of us so that they would be able to make the basket. I cannot explain to you how proud of him I was, especially that night.
7. Ok... This will be the first time admitting this but.. Ben is hilarious! Even though I always tell him that he's not (I just don't want his head to get any bigger than it already is! haha), he really is. He is super witty (a Chase quality), and quick on his feet, which is refreshing.
8. Ben is so stinkin' smart! Book smart as well as street smart, I might add.
9. Not only is he really, really smart, but he is totally humble about being smart (which is 100 times better!)
10. Now being smart also comes with working hard, and Ben is the hardest worker I know. Whenever we would be at his house studying, I would always try to distract him and try to get him to pay attention to me! He never fell for it though, which made me sad at the time, but grateful now because when we get married, I will never have to worry about having a slacker of a husband!
11. Ben wants to marry me! Enough said.
12. Ben is so good with his money, something, that I hate to say, is not something I am good at. I can say that being with Ben has definitely helped :)
13. Ben is so willing to give of his time to anyone who will let him. He has always been helpful to me when I needed to run errands, or if other people needed help. For example, Ben and I must have been dating for a couple weeks when we were driving home late from going to Foodland. It was raining super hard and there was this couple hitchhiking right in front of L&L. Without hesitation, Ben asked them if they needed a ride and to where. The couple were really nice, and were in fact, complete strangers. I cannot tell you (yet again), how proud of Ben I was. We had only been dating for such a short while, but I knew that I was not going to let him go that easily!
14. Ben is a really good listener. Sincewe have been apart this whole summer, one of the only ways of keeping in contact is through the telephone. There is always something going on so I am constantly telling Ben stories and vice versa. When I am upset, he listens and comforts me, and never tries to cut me off or ignore me. He truly cares and he listens so well, that I can't hear him breathing, and I think that he's hung up. He hasn't, he's just listening...
15. Ben is full of surprises and he loves giving them to me. Last year Ben went on a "football roadtrip" with his buddies and he called me at 2:30am asking me for directions to my mom's house. I was so out of it and confused as to why he wanted to know all of these things. As we were talking, he was describing major street names and places; then it hit me: "he's in Sacramento and he didn't tell me?!" He convinced his friend, Moana, to go to my house and visit my mom himself. I cannot begin to tell you how happy and surprised both me and my family were. I could tell that I was annoying Ben because I would call every 2 minutes to see what him and my family were talking about! My mom was so happy that it was all she could talk about for several months. I loved that he did that without saying anything, and knowing that it would make very many people happy.
16. Aside from being athletic, Ben is a really good dancer. He is the only person that I can dance silly with and not have a care in the world.
17. Ben is just a great guy. When I first saw Ben, he was walking with this girl to the library and I was so sad because I thought that he was taken. One of my best friends, Tuli, said, "Ben is the only good-looking haole boy in Laie that I would date. He is an awesome guy who just got off his mission and can speak Spanish."She didn't have to say anything else. When I would tell people that Ben and I were "talking," I kid you not, every single person would always talk about how great of a guy Ben was. I knew that there was something special about him, and I am so happy that Tuli introduced us.
18. Ben is a really good teacher. Ben is so not of the world that it drives me insane sometimes. For many of you who know me, know that I cannot live without my phone, it is my lifeline. Well, last year my phone was out of commission for about a week or so and I was completely devastated. Ben, on the other hand, was so excited! It was a good detox period because I got to spend more time with him without being worried about who was calling me. He also taught me that there was more to life than being "coconut wireless."
19. He is amazing with children of all ages. Whenever I would come home from work, the Spring boys, as well as Mikey, Minami, and the Wagner's, would all ask the same question, "Where's Ben? Where's Ben?" It got to the point where I would just go home and tell them that he would be over later! At first I was jealous, but I've realized that I'm so lucky to be with a guy who loves kids, especially kids who love him back.
20. Ben is so religious about his workouts and being healthy. He is always trying to motivate me to work out with him and eat better. Plus, he never stinks, even when he's been working out for 2 hours. He has nice smelling sweat, which is very important.... To me at least.
21. Ben is so good at going with the flow, it's one of his mottos for our relationship, and it is something that I love about him.
22. Ben is so good at having fun. When there was nothing to do at the Spring's house (weird huh?), he would always come up with something.
23. Ben is the creator of the "HOO-RAH!" (ask Ethan, Isaiah, and Truman for details.)
24. Ben is so so patient, which is a quality that I would like to emulate. Trust me when I say that I am not always easy to deal with, but Ben has never given up on me.
I know it sounds so cliche, but there really are a gazillion reasons to why I love my Ben. He is the most amazing man I have ever met and I am so so grateful that he was put in my life. In the 2 years and 3 months that we have been dating (sorry Benny, I had to tell them), I have learned so much and I have grown. I love everything about Benny, and I am so glad that he is my best friend. I'm sad that I can't be there physically on your special day, but I am there in spirit. Thank you to everyone who has read this novel. I promised Ben that his post would be extra-special, and I hope that I have been able to live up to it. Te amo muito, Ben :)
Can we get a HOO-RAH for Benny's 24th!!