Sunday, June 15, 2008

happy day to you and you and you!

I'm watching Backyardigans with Enzo and Gio as Danny and the rest of the crew BBQs. I have to admit that I've been a slacker this Father's day. In my defence we went to sleep at 1:00 am after driving 4 hours to Santa Barbara. This is a total excuse, of course. However, when I woke up there was pop-up pancakes and French toast. Thank you Sienna and Tony! Today i asked Christian what he wanted for Father's day and he said he wanted to sleep in church without me trying to keep him awake during Sacrament meeting. I teach Gospel Doctrine in our ward and I know Christian makes an effort to stay awake while I teach. Today I let him sleep during Sacrament meeting and Sunday School. Happy father's day Christian.

Christian is the best dad in the world, as I've bragged many times. However, I am fully aware that there are other best dads out there and I admire you for it. Some of the things I've seen you do and appreciate are...

Enoch doing shoulder time with his kids. Adam having FUN and always including his kids. Jesse reading to Miriam. Danny putting Zeke to sleep. Jake walking Amaya even though the stroller was WAY to small for him.

Happy Father's Day to you!

5 comments:

sienna said...

actually we woke up at 8:15 and just ate all the food. Kaity woke up extra early to make all the breakfast (and she didn't even get to eat any).

Damaris @Kitchen Corners said...

oops. I found out on or walk that kaity actually made everything. There was none left for her after her shower so Chris mad her extra when she got out. I fee; really bad.

Kaity said...

I don't care. I knew the risk when I got in the shower. Thanks Chris for making more. You are so nice.

Bekah said...

Can't you guys discuss this amongst yourselves and stop rubbing it in that you're all together!!! xoxo

Karen said...

Hilarious.