Saturday, March 19, 2011

22!



Happy Birthday to Mariah! One day I was invited to be Mariah's parent for a preschool field trip when Charlene was recovering from giving her dad a kidney. It was great fun going to the fire station that day. Her teacher commented about Mariah being such an interesting little person, an "old soul". The teacher was right! Truly, Mariah is someone I really enjoy being with. I love that she characterized me as "hilarious" in a birthday wish and I have since tried to live up to that. Such a gifted yet other-centered soul. Love her touch on the piano, her take on things going on, her caring ways and her faith in things unseen. All the best today and tomorrow too!

7 comments:

Kaity said...

Happy Birthday Mariah!!! I love everything that Karen said and I totally agree. I wish I could be in Hawaii to celebrate with y'all. You are such a kind, generous, interesting, fun person and great babysitter. Thanks for all the help when I was there.

chelsea said...

Happy Birthday Mariah!! Wish I could give you a big hug!! Hope your day was good. Lots of love.

Damaris @Kitchen Corners said...

Happy birthday mariah. I love you very very much.

Pamela Palmer said...

I like the way your small kid picture still looks like you. Maybe people call you can old soul because you can relate to people of all ages, and that's unusual in a young person. You treat people like they're interesting and worth talking to. I, being a lot older than you, really like that about you.

Grimsmans said...

Riah!
Happy Birthday...and have a wonderful time in Hawaii. We love you and agree with Auntie Karen that you are such a peaceful soul to be around, so loving and giving. We are lucky to have you in our family!
Smiles,
Grimsmans

mariah said...

Thank you Karen and everyone that posted! I love you all very much! I can't wait to see all of you again, hopefully soon.

Liz said...

Happy belated birthday auntie ryah! We love you!