Thursday, January 31, 2008

Now we are Six

The drama of the day made it feel like her sixteenth birthday. Crying, histrionics, giddy laughter, pure delight. Thank goodness it's over. Thanks to uncle Ben's delivery service, she got Strawberry Shortcake's Dance Dance Revolution. We also got her some clothes she deigned to glance at and threw to the side. Turns out that it's really me who likes the game the most and the majority of the clothes are a touch too big. Luckily some friends came through with a magnet game she likes. I nixed the party and cake this year. She had two friends over and I bought a cake from the grocery deliver service. It was actually fun and stress free, for which I am glad. I am officially done with birthdays until Dec 29th of this year!!! Happy Birthday Miss M!!

6 comments:

sienna said...

I remember when miriam was born. That is kind of fun to think about. Miriam: I miss you when you are in Japan. I can't wait to see you when you get back. I am really happy that you got to wear a pretty white dress at my wedding. Thank you for being such a fun niece. Happy Birthday!

Damaris @Kitchen Corners said...

The first picture Christian showed me of anyone in the family was a picture of Miriam. She's a good icon for the Palmer family. She's very helpful, insightful, and sensitive to people's feelings. I love you so much Miriam from the bottom of my heart. I am thankful for your sweet presence in our lives.

Damaris @Kitchen Corners said...

ps: congrats on making it through all the birthdays. Oh...and congrats on having an audience at her birth. You are a brave soul.

Yesenia said...

happy birthday mimia! i miss you. hope your birthday was fabulous! love you!

Kaity said...

Happy Birthday Miriam! There are lots and lots of really cool presents waiting for you at the swap shop when you get back. You can take your pick.

Pamela Palmer said...

Happy Birthday Miriam. I was there when you were born too. You seemed so wise. Now I know that you are also very sweet. I can't wait to see you again. Love you more than chocolate. Pammy